5 Quality Topo Maps Apps for iPhone
Planning to spend some time in the outdoors? Getting your hands on a decent navigation app just for the outdoors is not a bad idea. Unfortunately, not all the navigation apps available in the App Store come with a decent topo maps. These 5 iPhone apps provide you with decent topo maps ideal for hiking and backcountry activities:
Offline Topo Maps: one of the better topo maps apps we have tested. It provides you with USGS topo maps, aerial imagery, and OpenStreetMap-based topo/road maps.
MotionX GPS: one of the best GPS apps around. The developers behind this app have a great track record too. You could use it for outdoors navigation and other purposes (cycling, hiking, running, paddle boarding, sailing, and …).
Gaia GPS: more than just a topo maps app, this tool also serves as your GPS tracker. It covers topographic, satellite imagery, and road maps.
Topo Maps: provides you with more than 69k maps covering the United States, Canada, and other areas in this region. You won’t need a network connection to use these maps.
AllTrails: this application provides you with high quality trail guides. You can use this to track your rides and access trails even when you don’t have access to the Internet.
Have you found better topo maps apps? Please share your suggestions below.
People who visited this article also visited:
- 10 Top Outdoor GPS Applications for iPhone
- 8 Best iPhone Apps for Hikers
- Top 10 Best iPhone Applications for Outdoors
- 10 Best Fitness & Sports GPS Apps for iPhone
- 5 Social Navigation Apps for iPhone
- 20 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone w/ Videos
- 40 Best Augmented Reality iPhone Apps
- 10 Best GPS Apps For iPhone (May 2013)
- 15 Best Note Applications for iPhone
- 10 Best Voice Recorder Apps for iPhone
*aff links used in some articles to fund our operations (disclosure page).