We have heard rumors about how iPhone 3.0 update was going to come with some major improvements over the previous version. But now all the cards are on the table. Apple has finally decided to address some of those nagging issues that man of us have had to deal with. And it does help that Apple has updated the SDK to provide developers with more flexibility and power to develop even more powerful iPhone applications.
Here are a few things that I love about this new update:
- Copy & Paste: after months of waiting, we are finally going to get the copy/paste feature on the iPhone. I know a lot of you think it should have been there all along. Still, it’s a nice addition.
- Send MMS: that’s right. We can finally send those precious multimedia messages from our iPhones. Another feature many of us have been asking for a long time.
- Game Sharing: you can now connect with other iPhones using Bluetooth. That is an awesome addition that will make multi-player games more convenient. You can share other information as well, so the sky’s the limit here.
- Landscape keyboard: iPhone 3.0 OS now allows you to type in landscape mode. Wider screen, easier to type.
- App improvements: Apple has grand plans for its application platform. With iPhone 3.0 OS, application developers can sell more levels/features from within their apps. Who knows what else Apple is planning for iPhone 4.0.
What I like about Apple is not that it has one of the best gadgets in the world or shiny apps that you can put on it. It is constantly improving and taking what customers think into account. iPhone 3.0 addresses a lot of issues. It doesn’t solve everything, but it’s a great start.
Your take: what other changes would you like to see in the next Apple OS release?
You may want to see:
*aff links used in some articles to fund our operations. Please look at the disclosure link to see our policy.