Year 2007 was a great year for us Apple fans with iPhone, iPod Touch, and new pretty iMacs coming out throughout the year. iPhone is perhaps the most innovative product of the bunch as it added a new meaning to a digital powerhouse phone. But iPhone is not perfect and while we are all thankful to powers that be for giving us the iPhone, here are the things I am hoping to see Santa bring to iPhone by the end of next year:
- 3G Compatibility: While I understand why Apple decided to go with EDGE for 2007, 2008 should be the year of 3G for iPhone. I wonder what iPhone naysayers would have to say if iPhone supported 3G.
- Cool SDK: We all know iPhone’s SDK is coming out soon, but I still wonder what we can and can’t do with this so called SDK. Here is hoping for “almost anything.”
- GPS: iPhone Gen 2 should definitely come with a GPS feature. It is a shame that such a gorgeous phone does not with GPS functionality but don’t bet on it lasting for too long. iPhone does not need GPS to be superior to other phones, but it is a nice luxury to have.
- Touch & Type: while Apple has made its competitors follow its suit and come up with more touch-based phones, Apple’s touch-based system could surely be easier to use. While we are being a little bit picky here, it is one of the flaws that some of iPhone’s competitors point to!
- FM Radio: This is really subjective, but I rather have FM Radio with my iPhone and i think iPod touch should also come with FM capability. Will Apple do it? I’d say why not, but you never know.
So what features are you expecting Santa to bring you next year with iPhone?
*aff links used in some articles to fund our operations. Please look at the disclosure link to see our policy.