As this year comes to a close, we are going to see many websites and organizations announce their top iPhone and iPad apps for 2011. Apple has already announced its top apps for 2011. Not surprisingly, Instagram has won the title of “iPhone App of the Year.” Instagram does not need any introduction. It is an addictive photo-sharing social app with a ton of users already. For those of you not familiar with Instagram (where have you been?), you can capture photos, apply effects, and upload your work to Facebook, Twitter, and other sites.
Snapseed won the “iPad App of the Year” award. It is another neat application you can use to edit and transform photos on your tablet. This app lets its users perform basic adjustments to their photos or push their work to a whole new level by getting creative with its filters.
Apple has listed a few other winners as well. Here is the list of the apps that stood out in 2011.
- App of the Year: Instagram (iPhone), Snapseed (iPad)
- iPhone App of the Year Runners-Up: VidRhythm, Band of The Day
- Game of the Year: Tiny Tower (iPhone), Dead Space (iPad)
- iPhone Game of the Year Runners Up: Tiny Wings, Touchgrind BMX
- Bestselling Application: Angry Birds
- iPad App of the Year Runners-Up: djay, Jamie’s Recipes
- iPad Game of the Year Runners-Up: Contre Jour HD, ,Superbrothers
Which are your favorite apps for 2011? Please share them below.
You may want to see:
*aff links used in some articles to fund our operations. Please look at the disclosure link to see our policy.