10 Best Gym iPhone Applications22
There is nothing you can’t find in the App Store. That includes killer workout applications that could help you get fit and healthy. Gym applications are one of our favorite app categories in the App Store. Whether you want to use your phone to track your daily workout or just want to learn new exercises, there is an app for you out there.
Here are 10 top gym applications that help you stay on the right track with your fitness routine:
1. GymGoal: one of the best fitness applications for iPhone that lets you keep track of your measurements and comes with a large workout database.
2. Gym Buddy: Gym Buddy allows you to keep track of your daily workouts easily.
3. Pump Weight: this is an app for personal trainers to keep track of the workout of their clients. It has 70+ workouts and useful timers.
4. Body Fitness: a free application that covers over 320 exercises with pictures included. It allows you to create your own custom workouts.
5. JEFIT: whether you are interested in fitness in general or are a body builder, this app has you covered. It offers you a workout routine planner and a smart logging system. It has a detailed exercise database as well.
6. Gym Hero: lets you track your workout routines. It is compatible with Facebook, Twitter, and Runkeeper.
7. Workout Trainer: this tool helps you get in a better shape fast. It provides you with thousands of free and premium workout programs. You get reminders too.
8. You Are Your Own Gym: it has quick workouts you can do anywhere. It does not matter how fit you are. The workout timers included are a plus.
9. Easy Gym Log: lets you quickly log your weights and cardio workout at your gym.
10. All In Fitness: it contains over 700 exercises men and women can try in gyms. It comes with video and audio instructions. It does have some bugs but still a great app.
Are you a Gym junkie? What’s your favorite health & fitness application for iPhone?
iFitness is great to explore new things to try, on the logging side GymBio seems pretty good, lets me plan ahead and is easy to use. Does not contain any instructions though, buy great for tracking progress.
I have been going to the gym for years, and know what i like to do, i am after an application that allows me to record my own exercises, i don't want exercise suggestions, any ideas?
You mean something like Gym Buddy? #2 on the list?
GymGoal Lite offers almost all of the same features as the full version (minus scheduling and measurements it seems) for about half the price in the app store. It’s a smaller size app because it pulls the animation workout demonstrations from online, although you still have the option of downloading the animations to your phone. Was definitely the better pick for me.
I have been using Gym Buddy for a 6 months and I just love it! Gym Buddy would be even better if data could be imported to some online tracking service, like heiaheia…
I like iRipped It is an ebook and has motion videos of the best exercises. All the others are confusing! It is the best all round fitness app on the I phone. Who wants 4000 exercises, this shows just the one that works!
Migym (http://www.migymapp.com) is a great app for finding gyms nearby and viewing their class schedules and promotions. Awesome for traveling. It's cheap for gyms to sign up too.
Gym Shuffle is another great one. By far the best user interface for gym apps in the store – http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gym-shuffle/id3854…
Also check out this new fitness app that just launched–miStrengthCoach. Designed by a top strength trainer–it really works!
After trying out most of the gym apps on the app store and only finding workout logs or exercise videos etc, I gave them all up and decided to do my own: Absolute Bench Press
What I more specifically was trying to achieve was an application that not only logs your workouts but really helps you progress towards a set goal. By using a progressive overload formula you will with this app gain around 50 pounds in the Bench Press in just 7 weeks. The most significant part though is probably the Failure Tests throughout the program. The workout schedule will adopt depending on how you perform on them, up or down or just stick to the program.
It’s hardcore, it will defiantly test your willpower, but it works. I followed this program in my 20ies and managed to improve my Bench Press from 220 to 270 in about 2 months. I am still playing around with 250 now 10 years later.
Let me know your thoughts and I might put in the next update.
have you seen Mind Body iPhone app at http://www.fitnessmobileapps.com it's really well done. I use it for booking Burn60 classes.
Check out atGym, another great new Gym Diary App.
Here's a really good app which is a gym game, actually lifting weights not just a brain gym. http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bench-off/id466725…
Map My Run app best for running and GP Shuffle best for weights.
What case or armband do you use to record app data? The 1 I have makes it hard to read, hard to select a field and get data entered. Suggestions?
Tuneband for iPhone
Ive been using Reps and Sets, works well – https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/reps-sets/id51060…
For those folks who are having trouble getting to the gym as often as they'd like check out the Gym Visits iphone app. It allows you to track your visits against your weekly goal and gives you rewards for making it to the gym and your weekly goal. Plus its free.
I'm being using Easy Gym Log for sometimes now and by following this tool various workouts process so far I've achieved quite positive result indeed. Thanks for recommending all of these good gym iPhone applications.
I used to use Gym Hero but now I’ve started using Gym Simple to track all my workouts – running, weights, swimming etc… It’s nice having everything in one place. http://www.gymsimple.me
http://trntrak.com is by far the best one I’ve seen yet, but only been using it a month so far…
I’m surprised BetterFit isn’t on this list. Super simple way to track workouts while you do them. Amazing app, love it.