MacBooks are pretty awesome laptops. They are powerful and elegant, but you can’t use them as conveniently as a tablet in some situations. I wish Apple had a high-end iPad capable of running OS X and its native apps. But that’s not happening anytime soon. You don’t have to wait for Apple to release a MacBook tablet when you can buy the Modbook Pro X. This elegant device serves as a 15.4″ Mac tablet with a retina display.
The engineers have disassembled a MacBook Pro and reassembled it with some modifications to create a powerful tablet. The Modbook Pro X has a digitizer pen that offers 2,048 pressure levels, pen tilt and rotate functionality. It has a reliable hinge that holds the device at angles between 30 to 90 degrees. The integrated full-size keyboard lets you type on your device fast. The Modbook Pro X optionally has Keybars in the back, allowing you to run commands and perform shortcuts faster. Here are the specs for this tablet:
- 15.4-inch (diagonal) Apple Retina display with a 2,880 x 1,800 pixel resolution at 220 pixels per inch
- Pen with 2,048 pressure levels
- up to a 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
- up to 32GB of RAM
- Intel Iris Pro GPU with optional additional NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M GPU
- four-lane PCIe connection
- up to 2TB of modular PCIe-based internal flash storage
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, two USB 3 ports, one SDXC slot, one HDMI port and two Thunderbolt 2 ports
- accessories: VESA swivel mount, rotating desk stand, 3 year warranty
Like what you see here? You can support this project on Kickstarter.
You may want to see:
*aff links used in some articles to fund our operations. Please look at the disclosure link to see our policy.