5 Cool Visual Dictionary Apps for iPhone & iPad
We have already covered plenty of dictionary applications here in the past. If you deal with languages all the time, want to learn a new one or find yourself doing research a lot, you are going to need decent dictionaries. These 5 visual dictionaries could help you get a better understanding of the English language:
Wordflex Touch Dictionary: one of the best dictionary apps we have tested. It provides you with a tree-based view of words and their connections. It has over 2 million language nodes for you to explore. You can easily control it with gestures.
Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary: very useful for those studying and learning the English language. It has over 170k words, phrases, and sentences. It includes many photos and illustrations.
Longman Dictionary: more than capable of replacing your paper dictionary. It offers 230k words and has 165k examples. It has multimedia content too.
Visual Dictionary & Thesaurus: not as complete as the first app on this list but still looks fun to play with. It shows the words you search for and related entries in form of a word tree.
Kids Picture Dictionary: this visual dictionary is perfect for children. It does not have thousands of words. At the same time, it has large pictures to help with vocabulary building.
If you are looking for a visual dictionary for your iPhone or iPad, the above apps are well worth checking out. Got any suggestions? Please add them below.
People who visited this article also visited:
- 5 Advanced Dictionary Apps for iPhone
- 6 Ways To Learn French On iPhone (or iPad)
- 6 Cool ASL Sign Language Apps for iPhone
- 10 Cool Spanish iPhone Apps To Learn Spanish With
- 6 Decent iPhone / iPad Apps for Poetry
- 20 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone w/ Videos
- 10 Best GPS Apps For iPhone (May 2013)
- 10 Best Alarm Clock Apps for iPhone
- 15 Best Note Applications for iPhone
- 40 Best Augmented Reality iPhone Apps
*aff links used in some articles to fund our operations (disclosure page).